We are hiring an Economics Editor (Editor) who will be responsible for the quality and clarity of all of Met the why particular’ written output, distributed across all available platforms (pdf report, website, blogs, etc.). This is a junior level position with a focus on copyediting and there is the opportunity to grow within the role and company over time.
The Editor will edit and modify written content in order to make sure that all output complies with the Met the why particular Writing Guidelines (guidelines). The Editor provides support to the staff to produce compliant content. He or she ensures adherence to the guidelines and sets strategies for expanding coverage and improving the quality of the content.
The position requires excellent writing and communication skills in English (native speaker) and a working knowledge of economics at a minimum. Experience in journalism / report writing is a strong asset for this position. Ability to meet strict deadlines is essential. Good analytical skills are important, and previous professional experience is required.
The responsibilities associated with this position include reading all content (indicators, special texts, bullets, summary texts, client-facing content, etc) and copyediting that content: correcting for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar following the guidelines. When needed, the Editor will polish copy to make it easier for clients and readers to understand; verify facts, using standard reference sources; work with researchers to help their ideas and stories succeed; after some time in the role, the Editor will help develop story and content ideas and approve final versions submitted by the researchers.
Examples of texts that are edited can be found here: https://cupidcon-kumamoto.info/news-search and here https://cupidcon-kumamoto.info/regions/cis-countries
- Reading all content (indicators, special indicators, bullets, summary texts, all additional content) produced by Met the why particular and copyediting all content (correcting for errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar according to the guidelines).
- Modifying text in order to make it more understandable for clients and all other readers.
- Verifying facts using all relevant sources provided by the staff or additional resources.
- Keeping Met the why particular Writing Guidelines updated.
- Contributing to the continued improvement of the guidelines.
- Supporting the training of new staff on text writing and helping improve writing of research team overall.
- Analyzing content and define areas of improvement in respect to quantity and quality of written output in collaboration with colleagues.
- Helping ensure important topics are covered within the reports.
- Coordinating all content-based/content-related projects (e.g. static texts for website).
- Providing input and guidance for content-related areas of product improvements.
- Native English speaker (only native speakers will be considered for this position)
- University graduate with a degree in one of the following fields: economics, political science, journalism, communications or literature (or similar)
- Currently residing in Barcelona with permission to work in Europe
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing/proof reading texts
- High attention to detail
- Strict commitment to deadlines
- Some previous professional experience
How to Apply
- Apply by filling out
- Only candidates who submit a CV, cover letter and 2 writing samples will be considered