Blog posts tagged by tag: Russia
With elections in Russia just around the corner, we interviewed Consensus Forecsat panelist Dmitry Polevoy, Chief Economist for Russia and the CIS region at ING, on the potential outcome and implications.
On 27 September, the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reached a preliminary deal on restricting crude supply in order to support prices. The OPEC deal, which had been mooted as a possibility since February, was the first such agreement in nearly 8 years.
The announcement of the deal appeared to improve market sentiment, as global oil prices jumped 6% right after the announcement and headed towards USD 51 per barrel in the first few days of October.
The oil production deal is good news for Russia, one of the hardest hit economies by the drop in oil prices observed in the last few years.
Originally posted in November 2015. Updated in November 2016.
The final installment of our three-part series on Russia consists of an examination of their current monetary policy, exchange rate policy, and fiscal policy.
Originally posted in October 2015, Updated in November 2016.
In part two of a three part series on the economy of Russia, we cover Russia’s Balance of payments and detail their exports and imports and how they are currently impacting the economy.
Before starting part 2, If you missed it, check out Part 1 on Russia’s economic profile, which gives an overview of Russia’s economy starting from the fall of the Soviet Union until present day including analysis of assets, risks, economic growth, and inflation.
Originally posted in October 2015. Updated in November 2016.
Met the why particular presents a 3-part series on the economy of Russia. In Part 1, we provide an overview of Russia’s economy from the time of the dissolution of the Soviet Union until 2015, detailing the assets and risk factors from an economic perspective as well as analysis and forecasts for GDP and inflation in the near-term.
Russian English-language television channel Russia Today recently interviewed Met the why particular’ Economist Angela Bouzanis about the dire economic situation in Ukraine. Ukraine has had a torrid time over the last year with the military conflict with Russia and now their economy is suffering immensely. Ukraine has been granted foreign aid packages from the West to help their floundering economy, but high inflation, currency devaluation and soaring energy tariffs persist with no signs of improvement.
How does the IMF’s latest quarterly global outlook compare to forecasts from over 30 of the world’s leading economists?
The World Bank just released its updated World Economic Ooutlook. We compared the IMF forecasts for 11 countries including, the USA, Russia, Japan, India, China and Brazil, to our own Consensus Forecasts from our panels of 30+ economic institutions. See how the forecasts stack up in our interactive infographic:
TagsRussia Australia Sub-Saharan Africa Exchange Rate Banking Sector Precious Metals Commodities Oil OPEC G7 Eastern Europe TPP Emerging Markets Vietnam Infographic Turkey Italy MENA Africa Japan oil prices China Agricultural Commodities Gold Mexico United Kingdom Unemployment rate Argentina Spain Major Economies India Commodities Forex UK South Africa Germany Colombia Cryptocurrency Brexit Investment Housing Market Company News Inflation Portugal Brazil Asia European Union IMF Economic Growth (GDP) Healthcare Iran France United States USA Venezuela Nordic Economies precious metals Tunisia Eurozone Consensus Forecast Euro Area Bitcoin Base Metals Commodities Canada Greece Ukraine Energy Commodities Latin America Trade
Headwinds from the tit-for-tat trade war with the U.S. and a potential sharp correction in the housing market are t…
6 hours ago
Tighter monetary policy, delays to public investment projects, cooling Chinese demand and a possible resurgence of…
8 hours ago
Despite tepid near-term growth prospects, the South African economy is expected to emerge from recession by year-en…
11 hours ago
Comprehensive second-quarter data revealed an unexpectedly downbeat outturn for the Sub-Saharan African economy. Ne…
1 day ago
Looking ahead, China's spectacular economic growth of recent decades will slow as authorities attempt to guide the…
1 day ago
- How and when will the next financial crisis happen? - 26 experts weigh in
- China and Africa: A partnership under the spotlight
- The conditions are ripe for a Global Financial Crisis 2.0
- Uncertainty, instability and fear haunt a generation of Argentinians
- 5 things: What to expect for Mexico's economy in 2019
- 5 things: Brazil's economic downturn and what to expect going forward
- Emerging Market Currency Crisis: Everything you need to know
- Which ASEAN countries are most exposed in the event of a U.S.-China trade war?
- 75 Top Economics Influencers to Follow
- Emerging Markets Economic Outlook 2018 and 2019
- The Faces Behind Latin America’s Key Institutions
- 2019 Economic Outlook for the Top Oil Producing Countries
- Is your cup of coffee about to get more expensive going in to 2019?
- The Economic Implications of an Aging Global Population
- Railway Mania: The Largest Speculative Bubble You’ve Never Heard Of
- Can the Wisdom of the Crowds predict the results of the 2018 World Cup?
- From Riches to Rags: Have Cryptocurrencies Crashed for Good?
- Investment looks to Latin America, but forecasts are not encouraging
- Turkey: Erdogan has cemented his grip on power - now what about the economy?
- How can Latin America’s business environment benefit from technological change?
- Mexico: A look at the past, present and future as elections yield AMLO victory
- Italy’s New Populist Government and the Eurozone: Prelude to a Crisis?
- Latin America moves toward increased integration as U.S. protectionism grows
- How can Latin America increase productivity without affecting the quality of employment?
- How will Saudi Arabia's economy benefit from lifting the women's driving ban?
- Which countries are the most prepared for the upcoming digital revolution?
- India Under Pressure from the U.S. on Trade Policy
- The Story of Steel
- Latin America is the World Leader in eCommerce Growth Despite Serious Challenges
- What the TPP means for trade in Latin America
- Elections in Russia: Analysis and Implications
- Nearly a Third of Latin Americans Have No Right to a Pension
- A Look at Healthcare Models Around the World
- The Poorest Countries in the World
- Newly-elected Chilean President Sebastian Piñera faces a myriad of challenges - economic and otherwise
- The Economic Effects of Trade Protectionism
- Regional Disparity: The Dark Side of Inequality in Latin America
- Coal: The story of the world's most abundant fossil fuel
- Venezuela's Electoral Conundrum
- Gold: The Most Precious of Metals (Part 3)
- Trump's 1st Year: 95 Analysts Surveyed on U.S. Economy
- The Latest on China and What's in Store for 2018
- An in-depth look at the Eurozone’s booming economy and the challenges that lurk in the shadows
- Increasing poverty in Latin America takes a breather thanks to improving economic dynamics
- What will be the most miserable economies in 2018?
- Is Spain doing enough to address its high youth unemployment rate?
- Has Latin America gone far enough in reducing barriers to international trade?
- Commodities Outlook: Oil, Natural Gas, Coal, Lead & Tin
- 21 experts tell us what the future looks like for cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Turkish lira plummets to all-time low on Erdogan’s monetary feud and tense U.S.-Turkey relations
- Copper: The first metal mastered by man
- The Mercosur-EU Free Trade Agreement: Obstacles & Opportunities
- Nigerian Economy Still Treading Water Thanks to Oil Sector
- Elections in Chile: What the results could mean for the economy
- QE’s Untold Story: A Chart That Fed Correspondents Need To Investigate
- Holland’s fragile one-seat majority government targets economic growth at the expense of fiscal sustainability
- South Africa: Economy at a tipping point?
- Latin American Commodities: What’s behind the increase in demand and prices?
- Is the UK really "shackled to a corpse"?
- Spain-Catalonia: 7 economic experts weigh in on how the situation will affect the outlook
- How well is Spain's labor market doing since the crisis?
- Which countries will have the highest and lowest inflation in 2017?
- How vulnerable is Latin America to economic crises today?
- Iron ore facts and common questions answered
- The bulging economic costs of obesity
- How much investment is needed to salvage Latin America’s crumbling infrastructure?
- A Look at the Potential Impact of Brexit on the Dutch Economy
- Emerging Markets Are Kicking Into Higher Gear In 2017
- Why is foreign direct investment in Latin America falling again?
- Are Central Banks Nationalising the Economy?
- Bounty or burden? The impact of refugees on European economies is far from clear
- What’s the future of U.S.-Latin America trade relations?
- Taxes or cutbacks? Latin America's challenge of sustaining spending without causing debt to skyrocket
- Are uranium prices making a comeback?
- Taxing the Economy: Achieving a Delicate Balance
- How will emerging market economies perform in 2017?
- How will Latin America’s upcoming lengthy election cycle affect the reform agenda and credit ratings?
- Chilean Economy in Focus: Interview with Senior Economist of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago
- CEOs Rank Top Economies for Growth Opportunities
- The Mobile Ecosystem & Latin America's Economy
- Prospects and Challenges for the Global Economy: Interview with Tim Cooper from BMI Research
- How will the Fed reduce its balance sheet & and how will the ECB end QE? - 19 economic experts weigh in
- Thoughts on "unwinding" QE from Frances Coppola
- The Fed and ECB at a crossroads: Unwinding QE
- Spain: The economy that continues to silence the critics
- Latin America: The Most Unequal Region in the World
- The History of OPEC: Has it been a Success?
- Met the why particular Announces 2017 Analyst Forecast Awards Winners
- Latin America’s rising unemployment bucks nearly decade long trend
- Escape from the Central Bank Trap by Daniel Lacalle
- China's economic rebalancing act: What to look out for in 2017
- Driving Growth in Latin America: Challenges & Priorities
- Is the Global Economy Rebalancing?
- Commodity exporters face challenging times
- Recent Global Events Facilitate Mercosur-Pacific Alliance
- 23 economic experts weigh in: Why is productivity growth so low?
- Mexico's outlook as Trump nears 110-day mark
- Interview with Oxford Economics Senior Economist on implications of the possible outcomes of the French Presidential Election
- The anxiety of the small saver in a world of negative interest rates
- Brexit negotiations. Between Uncertainty and Urgency
- An Economic History of the EU from El Blog Salmón
- Baby Boomin': Implications of high population growth in Latin America
- Survey of International Economists Predicts a Le Pen Defeat in French Elections, Says Macron has Best Economic Plan
- Spain in a global context: developed economy with some challenges
- How much is crime costing Latin America?
- Predictions & Estimates from Economist Daniel Lacalle
- What economy will the new Dutch government inherit?
- “The data is not a true reflection of reality in India” Interview with Société Générale India Economist
- What are the prospects for Emerging Economies in 2017?
- What to expect in Asia for 2017
- Top Economics & Finance Blogs of 2017
- Latam to Resume Moderate Growth in 2017 but Important Risks Plague Outlook
- 4 Key European Elections That Will Impact the Economy in 2017
- How are security concerns and political chaos affecting Turkey’s economy?
- Global growth to edge up in 2017
- Set to breach targets again? Debt and deficit outlooks for Southern European Eurozone countries in 2016 & 2017
- What does Donald Trump mean for the U.S. economy?
- How will emerging markets perform in 2017?
- The economic impact of a break in U.S.-Philippines ties
- Trump election: Base metals surge due to infrastructure plan
- 5 updates on the Venezuelan economic crisis
- Canada: When your neighbor’s house is on fire…
- Short-term pain before long-term gain? A look at French labor reform and economic growth
- Asia: Unremarkable growth & unfulfilled promises?
- How India's latest monsoon is affecting the economy
- Innovation in Latin America: Potential Goes Untapped Due to Weak Economic Conditions
- Russian economy update in wake of OPEC deal announcement
- The Wisdom of the Crowds and the Consensus Forecast
- Can the peso predict the U.S. election results?
- There's no end in sight to the Venezuela crisis
- A Look at the European Union Political Calendar
- Survey of international economists shows uncertainty surrounding elections damaging U.S. growth prospects
- Met the why particular partners with leading online statistics provider Statista
- Sub-Saharan Africa's 2016 & 2017 growth rates
- China: Recent postive economic data may be papering over the cracks
- The Italian Dilemma: Weak banks pose risk to already faltering domestic demand
- How much money do migrants from Latin America send home?
- The U.S.' (Not So) Mysterious Case of the Missing Men
- What to expect from the G20 economies by 2020
- The Pain in Spain: Robust GDP growth cannot mask the persistent structural deficit
- Brazil's Perilous Economic Situation in 2015
- Met the why particular Launches Sub-Saharan Africa Report, Expands Coverage to 117 Countries
- How do the European Commission's Forecasts and Met the why particular' Forecasts for Europe compare?
- How will the South African economy weather recent challenges?